New Idea for Creating Jewelry Sales

by Kathy Zee.
(Fiddletown, CA)

New Idea for Creating Jewelry Sales by Kathy Zee  - featured on Jewelry Making Journal

Pink Druzy pendant with gold chain, pink glass beads

My sales have been flat last month. One sale on Etsy (sigh).

I have so many necklaces that have not sold.

So I came up with an idea: Have an auction.

I sent out two necklace pictures, told people on Facebook and my email list of customers that I am auctioning off these two necklaces. They could bid on one or both.

Gave the descriptions of both.

White pearl necklace with Blue glass beads and Blue Swarovski center stone

Opened bidding for two days.

You can set an opening bid price, but I did not do that. I just wanted to create some income.

I sold both necklaces at a good price. Higher than I would have sold them if I had priced them.

So if you have jewelry taking up space, try this. Let me know how it turned out.

Kathy Zee
ZeeBlings by Kathy Zee
ZeeBlings by Kathy Zee on Facebook

• Dawn Carpino says:

That’s a great idea. Thank you.

• Martha says:

Thanks for the great idea.

• Rena Klingenberg says:

A creative way to generate sales, Kathy! Trying new ideas is a great way to find what methods work best for you. And it sounds like this gave you a kickstart for sales. Thank you for sharing this!

• Matsa says:

Wow, what a cool idea! Thanks for sharing.
    I’m in same boat on Etsy 🙂

• Debra Lowe says:

Great idea, I also am on Etsy and it’s either raining sales, or dry as a bone. I may give this a shot, thanks!

• Kathy Zee says:

My sales have dropped to nothing on Etsy. So i had to try to figure out a way to move some of the items i have not sold. This seems to be working for me. I hope it works for others too. Just put it out there to FB/email lists, and anywhere else you can reach your customers. Put a deadline on it. I usually do two days only. I am selling and creating income. Try it and let us know how it works for you.

• I’ve thought about this as well, but not sure how to start. I have tons of beadwork that i don’t do anymore so I don’t want to put it on the website or in shops. Might try and figure this out…thanks!

• Michelle says:

Excellent idea! I may give this a try.

• Jill says:

I too have found my sales stopped Etsy. This is a great idea. How did you manage the bidding? Did people bid by commenting on your post? Just wondering about the mechanics.

• AnneeDesignedIt says:

Great idea

• Kathy Zee says:

The people on my email list emailed me the price they would pay. Also on my Facebook page people respond with what they want to pay. When it gets close to the time of ending the bid, I email or post the high bid on each item without any names of course. If someone wants to outbid the high bidder, they can do that. Since i don’t have a program like Ebay to show the people what the high bid is, i have to manually tell people what the high bid is. I hold the auction for two to three days with a deadline time. Then whoever wins, I email them that they are the winner, get their address and mail out their jewelry. I do charge postage. Then i bill them through PayPal.

• Great idea Kathy. I to get so frustrated when my sales drop. So weird that there are others in the same boat with Etsy. Sometimes I think to myself what the heck is going on? Maybe I’ll give this a try next time it slows down. Thanks for your input👌🏼

• frances says:

How very kind of you to share