Where Can I Get Stamping Tags for Branding My Jewelry?

by Anne-Marie.
(British Columbia)

Where Can I Get Stamping Tags for Branding My Jewelry?  - Discussion on Jewelry Making Journal

I’m very, very new to jewelry making. But I love making simple designs and want to start more seriously.

I have purchased a couple of pieces of sterling silver necklaces in the past that have the jewelry maker’s stamped tag.

I have no idea what they are really called, can’t find any and need to know how you would have them stamped with your own brand.

I’ve just registered my name, Sunflower Hearts Jewellery, so looking at perhaps a silver heart tag or flower tag and put on SJH.

Any info is greatly appreciated. I live in BC, Canada. Thank you!

Anne-Marie
Sunflower Hearts Jewellery

• Welcome, Anne-Marie! Do you want to have custom-branded metal tags made for you, or do you want to get a custom-branded stamp that you can stamp onto blank metal tags and other metal surfaces?
    You can do online searches for “custom metal tags for jewelry” and “custom metal stamps for jewelry” to research what kind of options you have for this.
    You might also want to see this post here on JMJ: Jewelry ID Tags – What’s the Best Design?

• Anne-Marie says:

Thanks for the lovely welcome and support, Rena! I’m open to both options. I’ve been trying to find ready-made sterling silver, or stainless steel small tags so I can then get a custom stamp OR find custom-branded tags made for me. I’m guessing the first option is the least expensive as I start out. Thank you for the link and information. I LOVE your site.

• Elizabeth Reid says:

Rio Grande has sterling tags and they will also make a custom stamp. They made a stamp for me with my logo and I stamp tags and pieces with it. I also purchased the quality stamps-925 and 999FS- which I stamp on the other side of the tag or on the piece as appropriate. I think you need to first determine the size and shape of your tag. Good luck in your endeavors. This is a great place for ideas and sharing.

• Anne-Marie says:

Thank you Elizabeth. Great info. I think I want just really small tags but have to decide on the shape. I also want to wait until the dollar improves for me here in Canada. Expensive purchasing anything from the US right now. And yes…. a great place for ideas and sharing.

• Mimi says:

You might check with The Ring Lord. An added bonus is they are based in Toronto!

• Anne-Marie says:

Aha! Thanks Mimi!

• I get my tiny tags from PJ Tools (pjtooljewelry.com) They are 1/4″ x 1/2″ and tear shaped. I can stamp the initials of my business on them with 3 mm stamps. They come in packs of 4 – 24 – 144.

• Anne-Marie says:

Thanks Cindi – very helpful too. This is such a supportive community!!! 🙂

• Try Halsteadbead.com. They are a wholesale house, but have small tags.

• Anne-Marie Freemab says: