Precious Metal Clay Bounty

by Lynda.
(Spring Valley, CA)

Precious Metal Clay Bounty by Lynda Carson  - featured on Jewelry Making Journal

Like many others, I thought PMC was just too pricey for me to use.

However, I just finished a 25 g. package of PMC+ and I’m here to tell you that I was so surprised to find that I got six very nice fine silver pendants to use in designing jewelry.

SIX out of a small lump of $48 clay.

That’s not a bad return on my investment.

Last little bit of clay was pressed into a silicone mold to make this sweet little pendant.

And I had a great time creating with the material!

Nothing too fancy…mostly rolled out and textured, then cut out shapes. I did set one with a CZ stone.

All are fired with a torch.

Lynda
Fresh Baked Designs

• Rena Klingenberg says:

A great collection of pendants, Lynda – and it looks like you had a lot of fun! The texture patterns are really the finishing touch. A fabulous collection.

• Moogie says:

Hey Lynda, these came out beautifully! I was thinking just like you said—too pricey. But your pieces are fantastic. They will fly out of your shop! I love that you constantly stretch yourself & experiment with new materials & ideas😊

• Betty Hill says:

My thoughts exactly.

• Those are lovely pieces Lynda! I’m curious about the “fired with a torch” part, I’ve always assumed PMC pieces needed to go into a kiln…but it’s possible to get a consistent firing with a torch?

• Marisa says:

Great job Lynda! I love the idea of PMC but have never dived in!

• Kathy Zee says:

Lynda, I sure love your jewelry. You have an eye for the cutest designs. Thanks for sharing. I am sure everyone of these will be sold very soon.

• Lynda says:

Hi, Cherie. Yes you can absolutely fire small pieces like these with a butane torch. There a several good videos that walk you through this process. Google torch firing PMC tutorials and watch a few to get your courage up to try it!

• Barbara says:

Your designs are beautiful. After reading your article I think that I may be able to make a pendant or small charm. That task is going on my bucket list. Thanks for sharing.

• These are so cool! I need to learn how to do this. It’s been on my mind a couple years now. Thanks for your inspiration 🥰

• Lynda says:

That’s my goal in sharing these…to say “You can totally do this too!”

• Lynda, we so appreciate seeing your new directions and experiments – you are an inspiration!