Jewelry Inspired by Moss

by Nora.
(Edmonton, alberta, canada)

Jewelry Inspired by Moss by Nora  - featured on Jewelry Making Journal

Mossy-tree : Ethnic/boho style necklace

Make the most of your design ideas!

Coming up with a new design is the most consuming part of the project.

Once you have a somewhat clear idea of how you want to proceed, there is the search for the beads, spacers, clasp etc….

Jewelry Inspired by Moss by Nora  - featured on Jewelry Making Journal

Mossy tree: classic style necklace and earrings

This means long stretches of time rummaging in my bead storage as well as numerous back and forth trips between the work table and the supplies storage.

This time having already worked out the theme and gathered all the items, it dawned on me that it would be more efficient to make more than one and to work the same theme in different styles: modern, classic and boho/ethnic.

Jewelry Inspired by Moss by Nora  - featured on Jewelry Making Journal

Mossy tree: modern Style necklace and earrings

I’d love to know how you organise your production and if you’ve found any method that works well for you!

Thank you for reading! it is my pleasure to share with you photographs of the “Mossy Tree” project as well as its Modern, Classic and Boho/Ethnic versions.

Inspiration:

Jewelry Inspired by Moss by Nora  - featured on Jewelry Making Journal

Inspiration photo with the three necklaces

The beautiful frothy moss on the trees was the only green in the woods, striking against the branch’s brown.

The closer I got the more intricate and delicately complex it looked.

The path was icy and I carefully approached to get the best possible angle.

I pointed my phone to one patch of green looking for a way to capture the light.

I finally snapped some pictures and I knew right there that this “mossy tree” would be my next necklace design project.

Nora
Coolgems Jewelry

• This collection really caught my eye, so wonderfully cohesive! I checked out your website and enjoyed reading the stories of your design process and how the collections came into existence.

• Betty says:

Cool Gems…..not often that happens to me.

• Rena Klingenberg says:

Nora, all of these designs are lovely – and as Dianne said, the cohesion is fabulous. I really like the contrast of the dark beads with the green ones. And I love seeing your inspiration next to the finished pieces!

• Rita says:

Beautiful montage photo of the muse of this project and the resulting creations. Thank you for sharing Nora!

• Nora says:

Thank you Dianne, you can’t go wrong when you follow nature 🙂

• Nora says:

Hello Betty thanks for reading. Sometimes the stars just align perfectly!

• Nora says:

Thank you Rena always a pleasure to read your comments! Thank you for providing such a nice forum for us to discover and share.

• Nora says:

Thank you Rita. I actually use an App called LAYOUT i downloaded for free from the app store ( i use an ipad) It is very easy to use and has different layout you can pick from.

• Barb says:

Thanks for the tip, Nora. I need to find a way to get decent photos to post.

• Louise says:

Inspirational pieces and had a whirl through your website, truly beautiful creations

• Nora says:

Thank you for visiting Louise!

• Nora says:

I use an Iphone the thing is to get a tripod so the image is steady.

• LuElla says:

Nora! Your Classic style and Modern style necklace & earring sets stole my heart! You have the most amazing designs!

• Nora says:

Thank you LuElla! The modern one is assembled on an 18 gauge wire to give it the steramlined look. For The classic one i used fire line so it’s is a little more flexible. I have more details on my blog.

• Vivian says:

So inspiring Nora! I’m a silversmith with a vintage modern vibe but I can understand your vision! Beautiful interpretation!

• Nora says:

Hi Vivian, thank you for the nice comments id love to see your creations do you have a site?

• Mona Arnott says:

I love how the moss inspired you to create these pieces. So many different interpretations of the theme too.
    I was checking out your website and really enjoyed its layout and presentation. It got me wondering if your use a hosting site or designed it yourself
    Thanks
    Mona

• Melissa says:

Lovely, Nora. In response to your question about production, I think the jewelry I make falls into three buckets – things I would wear to the opera or other festive outing (elegant, kind of glam), simpler forms that I would wear to the office (I am a lawyer by trade, so my day-to-day pieces may be interesting but not distracting, and the fun stuff for dinner, the bar, Saturday lunch out… lately I’ve been working the same bead combos into pieces for the different buckets, seeing if I can pull different moods and functions out of them. It doesn’t always work! But, fun to try…

• Nita Bourne says:

Green is not usually one of my favorite colors but these are absolutely gorgeous!

• Katie Murphy says:

You “Moss Jewlery” is gorgeous! I am a true aficionado of moss and lichens, such beauty in the wild! Funny I should see this today after making a wreath for a friend with mossy bits that I’ve been collecting all Fall and Winter. Great minds, hey?