Venetian Beads – Picasso at Work

by Patti Pojer.
(Somers, NY)

Venetian Beads - Picasso at Work by Patti Pojer  - featured on Jewelry Making Journal

Earrings to Match…Picasso Perfectly Perhaps?

These Venetian beads are from my supplier’s Picasso line. I was so drawn to these beads.

First and foremost I made the decision that these beads deserved all goldfilled findings.

I created a goldfilled necklace bar to hang components vertically.

Picasso Lines…Such a Necklace!

Designing with “just the right” spacers, helped to give further radiance to the focal bead.

Once the necklace was designed, I decided to create matching earrings which I sell separately.

To these beautiful Picasso beads, I added jet black Murano Glass beads of varying sizes.

Now, she knows how to wear an Earring!

I am a fan of Lever-backs and my customers seem to be as well 🙂

While designing, I often wonder what type of customer would buy the piece/pieces?

Well, the customer who did purchase both pieces told me that she was planning on wearing them when she wore her black suit and wanted a European Flair!!

Match made in …..Murano

She has been a return customer.

It made me so happy because she truly got what I was trying to design with… a European flair!!

Patti Pojer
Patti Promising Pieces
PattiPromisingPieces

• Patti, these beautiful beads cried out for gold colored findings, and the result is gorgeous. The black accents are the perfect finishing touch on these wonderfully warm pieces.

• Marilyn says:

These are quite stunning beads. Luv what you designed with them. Thanx for sharing.

• Cathey says:

I love this set. I have a question. I am not an expert jewelry maker, but I’ve been doing it on and off for a few years. However, I have trouble getting my necklaces to hang straight. The bead or handmade whatever, tend to turn around
    and face backwards. I started making my own bails, hoping that would help, but still have issues. Heavier objects are okay, it’s the lighter ones I have trouble with. Thank you.

• Chris Rehkop says:

Beautiful pieces Patti! I’m a big fan of Venetian and Murano glass too.

• Patti Pojer says:

Thanks so much Rena. I really consider myself blessed to have a great supplier, who is as passionate as they come. I did really want these to feel “ Venetian Warm”.

• Patti Pojer says:

Thanks so much Marilyn, so delighted you like them 🙂

• patti pojer says:

Hi Cathey,

I sure know exactly what you mean, as I too have had that happen..I find that it has to do with
    the type of chain you are using and not only the weight of the pendant/ bead but the width too. Make certain that if you are attaching a jumpring that its not too large as the bead will swing even more.
    if you look at the chain I used, you can see that the links are a tiny bit larger than a fine chain, because the pendant called for it.. you may be using a chain too heavy with large links. Just experiment and after awhile it will be second nature..also with my jewelry I like to use
    leather, suede and silk cords… Hope this helps a bit

I get my chains at Rio Grande…

Best …Patti

• patti pojer says:

Thanks Chris, it is always so nice to hear others who are Murano Glass Fans!!😀

• Melissa says:

Hi Patti, these are gorgeous. I checked out your website as well – what beautiful glass beads and elegant designs!