Picasso Jasper Necklace

by Denise Bellinger.
(Riverside, CA)

Picasso Jasper Necklace by Denise Bellinger  - featured on Jewelry Making Journal

I just love the look and color tones in these beautiful Picasso Jasper beads on this crocheted necklace.

I used a taupe colored S-Lon cord and added a beautiful Amber color Agate Slice as a focal point.

I made this necklace very long so it can be more versatile.

As you can see in these pictures it can be worn many different ways.

Denise Bellinger
My Good Vibes

• Cynthia Eastman says:

Absolutely beautiful. I just started practicing crochet technique. I have a similar stone I have been saving. You have given me some new ideas. Thank you

• So nice to have the versatility in this piece!

• Colleen says:

Love the versatility of this necklace AND that you used cord instead of wire. Beautiful!

• Rena Klingenberg says:

I love the different ways you can wear the necklace. The picasso jasper bead colors complement the amber agate slice so well. And your photography is always fabulous, Denise!

• Beautiful!

• Yes I use agate slices a lot on my necklaces.

• Thanks so much Rena. Yes I take all my photos in my backyard in natural lite using my iPhone

• Yes I always use cord it lays so nicely & has great movement

• I love the different ways you have shown to wear the necklace, but how do you get that look to stay in place? Especially as the focal must be quite weighty.

• Nora says:

Beautiful, I love the versatility

• michele says:

Now THAT is a statement necklace! Gorgeous!

• Thanks so much. It actually is quite lightweight. I have a button with a loop closure that way you can undo it to wrap it around your neck however you like and keep it in place and the weight of the agate stone helps to do that also

• Thanks MichelešŸ„°

• Nita Bourne says:

Your crocheted jasper necklace is inspiring. I prefer to work with copper but I have trouble finding or creating a distinctive chain to go with the pendants I create. I’ve always favored jasper and this crocheted necklace is just the thing I’ve been looking for! I’ll definitely have to learn this technique. Thank you for sharing.