Flowers & Leaves from Her Hands & Metal Sheets

by Zoraida.
(Patchogue, New York USA)

Leaf Earrings

Leaf Earrings

I’ve been on a sheet metal madness kick lately. I recently won a great giveaway on a jewelry network site and received some awesome things – copper sheet metal, tools, a book, oh my!

Flower Disk Earrings with Red Jade Bead

Flower Disk Earrings with Red Jade Bead

Copper Leaf Pendants

Copper Leaf Pendants

These are just some of the things I created using 24 gauge copper sheet, shears, pliers and my hands.
I love metal even though my hands hurt.

Ginkgo Leaf with Patina

Ginkgo Leaf with Patina

Zoraida
zoraidajewelry.com
Zoraida at Artfire

• Sooooo realistic and beautiful! Love the new medium, suits you 🙂

• Diane says:

Zoraida ~ your work always has such a classic elegance. Kudos for continuing to challenge yourself onward & upward in your creativity! I love seeing what you come up with next!

• Lynda says:

Great thing about this work is there’s so much to explore. And your newest work is just beautiful, Zoraida. Thanks for sharing it and inspiring me.

• Coral says:

Oh Zoraida! That ginko leaf is just stunning! Not that the rest aren’t too, but ginko is one of my favourites. I have loads of ginko rubber stamps, and turquoise is a favourite colour of mine as well, so that combination is just fabulous!
    I made some ginko art clay silver earrings a few years ago (for sale) and you’re inspiring me to think of doing something else now too – this time for me!
    I love seeing your pieces, they’re so individual and interesting.
    Coral

• zoraida says:

Thanks everyone for your wonderful comments!!! I can never get enough of leaves or flowers in my designs. They, and spirals, will always inspire me.
    Coral, (what a lovely name) I just made some Ginkgo earrings – I just can’t stop!

• Lynn Schmitt says:

Fabulous leaves! You’ve inspired me to dig out the copper sheet and start creating.

• zoraida says:

Thank you Lynn! You’ll find metal work addictive. I’m now learning how to rivet so I can add more dimension to my designs.

• Carolyn says:

Stunning work! You have such a great eye for creating such lovely details. Also, your website is great. It’s probably one of the easiest to navigate & looks so very professional. Thanks for taking time to share.

• zoraida says:

Thank you Carolyn for the compliments on my jewelry as well as my website!! I designed the website and I really appreciate your checking it out 🙂

• Leslie Schmidt says:

Zoraida: Your work always inspires me to do other things besides just stringing!!! I love viewing anything you make. I have stepped outside my comfort zone and experimented with wire wrapping thanks to your pictures and now am encouraged to make pendants out of copper. I also love the gingko leaf pendant. Thank you for sharing.

• zoraida says:

Thanks so much Leslie!! I am honored to have inspired you in any way. Learning is about stepping outside your comfort zone. I’ll never stop learning. Good luck with everything you do 🙂

• Marlene says:

Zoraida – how did you color or patina the fan shaped leaf? I’ve been struggling to find a simple non toxic way to give copper jewelry/components the beautiful green or blue/green color.