Flower Power Wire Ring Tutorial (Video)
Jewelry and Coffee with Rena
Video Episode 24
by Rena Klingenberg.
This fast, easy wire ring project is a wonderful way to turn cool buttons into jewelry:
I like this ring’s blend of modern style and old-fashioned charm.
Here’s a close-up view of the Flower Power wire ring:
Here’s what you’ll need for this project:
- 2 buttons: one larger and one smaller; one or both buttons should be flower-shaped
- 20-gauge soft round wire, 12″ (30.5 cm) long (I used Artistic wire in “gunmetal” color)
- Ring mandrel (or a dowel, PVC pipe, magic marker, or other item that’s the same circumference as your finger)
- Wire cutter
- Flat nose, round nose, and chain nose pliers
- Jewelry hammer – plastic, rubber, nylon, or rawhide
For the “how-to” part of this tutorial, please watch the video above.
Want to Learn the Basics of
Designing Your Own Wire Jewelry?
In my Design and Make Artistic Jewelry Components video class, you’ll learn how to get great ideas for wire jewelry designs – and then follow my easy system for turning those ideas into successful pieces of jewelry.
By the end of this online video class, you’ll be designing and making your own artistic earwires, clasps, connectors, and pendant bails.
You’ll also learn my tips for making wire jewelry more easily, with more professional looking results.