Use Business Cards to Give Your Jewelry Design Business a Power Surge
by Kristie Leong.
Business Card for Kristie’s Beads Indeed Bead Shop
Are you looking for a way to market your handmade jewelry without spending a fortune? Your business card is one of your very best tools for low cost advertising. It’s a mini billboard that lets the world know you’re a serious jewelry designer. Let’s find out how to use it to sell TONS of handmade jewelry.
Have you taken a good look at your current business card lately? Does it have impact? Does it really pack a punch? If not, it may be time to make some changes.
Here are some ways to increase the marketing power of your business card:
- Always include a color photo to give more impact to your card. A picture really does speak a thousand words! Pick out a piece of handmade jewelry that you?re particularly proud of. Give it a nice backdrop and photograph it for your business card. Be sure that the photo you use is of high quality and appears professional. A substandard photo could work against your marketing efforts.
- Include your USP or unique selling proposition on your business card. This should be clearly stated on your card in the form of a slogan or statement. When designing this slogan, address it directly to the needs of your customer. For example, “Gemstone Jewelry Custom Designed for You!” This tells your customer exactly what you do.
- Always make an offer on your business card. This is important to get the customer motivated to act now. For example, show this card for a 10% discount on your first order or present this card for a free gift. This technique can be highly effective in increasing your response rate.
- Make sure you include all relevant contact information such as name, phone number, location, hours of operation (if you have a storefront), website address, email address etc. To omit these critical details is marketing suicide. People need to know how to reach you quickly and efficiently. Make it easy for them!
- Consider investing in magnetic business cards. Magnetic business cards are like tiny little billboards. People will often attach to their refrigerator to hold papers, newspaper articles and notes. Each time your customer opens the refrigerator door, she’s reminded of your beautiful handmade jewelry.
- Always include a statement that encourages your potential customer to act immediately. For example, “Let me show you how to revamp your wardrobe with beautiful, custom made jewelry! Call me today.” Sometimes a simple statement like this will give the customer the extra nudge she needs to contact you and give you the sale.
Now’s the time to take a fresh look at your business card and determine if it’s the dynamic selling tool you?d like for it to be. If not, make the necessary changes. After that, you can show your newly designed business card to the world!
great article, weel written, business like, good advice