Mill Rolled Brass

by Debra Lowe.
(Colorful Colorado)

Mill Rolled Brass by Debra Lowe  - featured on Jewelry Making Journal

Also the elephant pattern, mama and her baby

I hope everyone is well and stays so.

My issue is sanity.

So, I dug out my mill rolled patterned brass sheets and metal snips.

Mill Rolled Brass by Debra Lowe  - featured on Jewelry Making Journal

Floral patterned brass, hummingbird in the ivy

My first was the elephant and opals piece I posted on JMJ a while back.

I went to sketching silhouettes on to the brass, rough cutting it to a manageable size, then the Dremel to do the finishing work.

Mill Rolled Brass by Debra Lowe  - featured on Jewelry Making Journal

Hummer close up

Solder the rings on and any leaves, etc.

If I choose to color, I use pigment inks and seal it with either matte or satin sealer.

Mill Rolled Brass by Debra Lowe  - featured on Jewelry Making Journal

Using the elephant pattern, I did an African acacia tree

Sorry about my photos, it was extremely bright today~

Debra Lowe
Rosebudsnpearls

• These pieces are darling and wonderful, Debra! The patterned brass pieces are very distinct, and you did an excellent job of attaching them to the necklace in an unusual way that goes very well with each piece.

• Joan Phillips says:

These are fabulous Debra! I haven’t seen patterned brass sheets like this. Wonderful designd!

• Debra Lowe says:

Thanks so much Rena, and thank you for posting…this craziness is stifling my creativity, but sharing does help, thank you and stay safe.

• Debra Lowe says:

Thanks much Joan, there are a couple of sellers on Etsy that roll the brass, LOTS of patterns.
    Happy creating~

• Debra, I agree that jewelry therapy works – whether I’m creating jewelry or appreciating other artists’ jewelry. 🙂

• Linda Barton says:

These are wonderful Debra. You are a very talented lady.

• Debra Lowe says:

Thanks so much, sharing is a huge part of enjoying what we do. Keep creating, be safe.

• Rita Muller says:

That bird is just exceptional! Love them all Debra, but the bird is a favorite. Keep beading and keep your sanity everyone! I’ve got so many art and craft projects going right now that I delight in trying to figure out what I’m going to work on next.

• Debra Lowe says:

Thanks much, I hear you, what now…I should take this time to go through and purge some of it, but I have difficulty getting rid of anything…I may need it…not.
    Thanks for your kind words, stay well~

• Mary Haven says:

Wow! I love what you have created! Such talent. Would love to own a mill, but $$. Where do you find these beautiful patterns?

• Debra Lowe says:

Do a search on etsy for “patterned brass” there are several that sell their rolled brass~