Love Designing with Shells

by LuElla Spears.
Toledo, OH

Love Designing with Shells

And MORE Shells!

I made these sets for an upcoming silent auction.

Love Designing with Shells by LuElla Spears  - featured on Jewelry Making Journal

Shells! Shells!…

Too many ideas in my head to choose from but I finally settled on shells(there are a few stones here and there), safety pins and my first freestyle twisted wire inspired by Rena!

Safety Pin Necklace & Earrings; Metal Bracelet on stretchy cord

I know I have a long way to go with the wire jewelry but I’m up to the task!

My 1st Freestyle twisted wire necklace 😊!

Oh if only I could retire! P.S., I’m keeping the bracelet but wearing it to the auction! It was simple to make using stretchy cord.

LuElla Spears

• Rena Klingenberg says:

A happy, diverse collection series of collections, LuElla! My fave is necklace and earrings #1 – and I love jewelry with shell elements!

• LuElla says:

Thank you Rena! That’s my favorite also and the one I think will do best at auction! Your Roaring 20’s tutorial is right on time as the auction I’m attending is a fundraiser with the theme “Party Like it’s 1925”! The bracelet shown here with the glove is part of the costume I’ll be wearing that evening and I’m even more excited now! I have a store-bought headdress already but that won’t stop me from making one! You are an inspiration!

• Thank you, LuElla! And I like “Party Like It’s 1925” – sounds so vintage fun!

• Daisy says:

Lovely jewellery. I especially love the shells ones. Have fun at your party!

• Melissa says:

Love these, LuElla, particularly the silvery ones and abalone ones on the green background. Either would be perfect with my outfit today…! And as for wire – you are definitely more than up to the task – can’t wait to see what else you come up with!

• I like all of your designs ! I’d proudly wear any of them. But, the fall colors of your auction piece really draws me !

• Chris Rehkop says:

Great designs! I made a necklace last year using natural shells too, love them!

• Denise Grant says:

All very pretty!

• LuElla says:

Thank you Daisy! I hope we have perfect weather!

• LuElla says:

Wow! Thank you Melissa! I’m learning how fun working with wire is! Rena is a great teacher!

• LuElla says:

Thanx Deborah, the colors are perfect for the season aren’t they! Thank you for the compliment!

• LuElla says:

Thanks Chris! There’s something ‘earthy’ about shells!

• Melissa says:

Agreed!

• Linda Lohraff says:

Luella,
    Your jewelry is so pretty. I love all of your shell designs and I would never guess that the necklace is safety pins! I want to branch out to make pins since I haven’t done much of it so I really enjoyed your designs.

• LuElla says:

Thank you Linda! I’m just starting to get into wire jewelry so I’m branching out into ‘uncharted’ territory myself! And I believe in giving credit where due, had I not found this journal I may never have discovered wire jewelry!

• LuElla, thank you so much!

• alicia woods says:

awesome job… I love the color combinations.

• LuElla says:

Thank you so much Alicia!