Galaxy of Stars Pendant

by Louise Roberts.
(Cape Town South Africa)

Galaxy of Stars Pendant by Louise Roberts  - featured on Jewelry Making Journal

I love working with nail polish and creating designs on glass cabs, which I then wrap with wire. This pendant is a creation I made for a lady who loves anything galaxy related.

Louise Roberts
Lulu’s Loot

• Kathy Zee says:

What an interesting idea.This pendant is really pretty. It has alot of depth and I am sure the person who you made it for loves it. You mentioned you love working with nail polish. Did you just paint on the back of the glass with it? I also love the wire wrapping on it. You are very creative. I will check out your store…

• Louise says:

Thanks Kathy, I’m glad you like it. Yes I used nail polish to create the design, I have posted another one on my fb page today, where I used tin foil, giving so much depth to the piece.😍

• Louise, I love this gorgeous galaxy pendant! I think you could sell your galaxy pieces at planetariums, natural history museums, and at science fiction gatherings.

• Linda Lohraff says:

I love your glass pendant. It’s very beautiful and the wire wrap is beautiful also.
    I wrapped beach glass and sell it and I just love love making it.
    Very creative.

• Jean says:

This pendant is absolutely gorgeous. The recipe to must be really happy with the outcome.

J

• This is beautiful. I also looked at your facebook page. You are very skilled at wire wrapping and very creative. I see that you work mostly with bright silver which I really like. Do you use Artistic Wire or something else? Also, do you mind sharing what weight of wire you use for your wire wrapped pendants? Thank you.

• Karen says:

Love your design and I whole heartedly agree. My inspiration for paper bead making! Lots of amazing colors out there!

• Chris Rehkop says:

Very pretty pendant Louise, and I love your wire work!

• Gorgeous pendant! I would have never thought of nail polish in painting designs. Do you have a clear coat over the top to prevent it from chipping?

• Louise says:

Stephani Moore I use a clear polish and always put a backing of paper with another layer of clear polish 😁

• Louise says:

Thanks Rena good idea πŸ˜‰

• Louise says:

LeAllyson I do use artistic wire and work with 18g 20g for weaving 24 and 26g

• Louise says:

Thank you all for your kind words, I hope I have answered all your questions, happy creating and wrapping folks 😍

• LeAllyson Meyer says:

Louise – Thanks for letting me know about the wire you use.

• Louise says: