A New Way To Wear My Favorite Shoes

by Sherine Steele.
(Visiting Colorado)

"SherRings" Shoe Earrings by Sherine Steele  - featured on Jewelry Making Journal

Steve Madden SherRings by SjH

My name is Sj Harrington.

As many of you, I’ve made jewelry since a girl in high school, but stopped when the real world showed up.

Silver Lining SherRings by SjH

At this stage of life, I’m a disabled veteran suffering from conditions that prevent me from walking in my beloved shoes!

Closet Collection SherRings by SjH

But hey, now I don’t have to WALK in them to wear them. I used polymer clay to replicate my shoe collection as another form of ‘wearable art’…

Redbacks SherRings by Sjh

Sherine Steele
SherRings by SjH on Facebook

• Sarah Small says:

Brilliant!

• First of all, thank you for your service, Sherine! Also, I love this clever idea for wearing high heeled shoes in a different way, and your fun and funky shoe jewelry. I can see your shoe jewelry also being groovy Christmas tree ornaments. Love all the beads, chains, and other adornments on these statement shoes!

• Lynn says:

Sherine, these are adorable and so clever, too! Thank you for sharing, and thank you so much for your service to our country!

• Sj Harrington says:

Thank you guys so much for the love!

• kate says:

Hi Sherrine, love what you do with the polymer clay. They are so pretty and very different with a spark of humour. Congratulations on your outlook on life. Good on you for defending your country.

• Coiffure says:

We have something in common. I too am disabled and make wire wrap jewelry. Being a hairdresser and salon owner for 30 plus years, when I had an accident that leaves me unable to do much walking in those shoes, I got inspired to do what was passionate to me and that was hairdressing so I incorporated the same techniques into my jewelry. I just find it keeps me going. You have fun and hang in there, I LOVE THE SHOES, they are awesome. 🙂

• Dawn Gaye says:

LOL, What a great idea!!!
    I too have had to stop wearing my beloved 4 & 5 inch heels. I have such a collection. I’ve begun to micro mosaic them!
    Now I am trying to think of how I can use them as part of my display:)
    xx

• Dawn, I’d love to see your jewelry display with your heels!