Jewelry and Coffee with Rena
Video Episode 8
by Rena Klingenberg.
What is it about jewelry making that becomes an obsession for us? Here are my top 6 reasons why I’m addicted to making jewelry. What are yours?
Transcript of This Post:
Why are we all so addicted to making jewelry?
What is it about making jewelry that becomes an obsession?
I made a list of my top six reasons why I’m addicted to it – and I hope you’ll share your top reasons too.
- Jewelry is art that can be worn – not just set on a shelf or hung on a wall somewhere.
It’s something you can actually wear as a personal artistic expression.
- Jewelry making gives you lots of opportunities to create your own components, findings, and beads.
You don’t just have to just use things that are ready-made. You can create your own things from the ground up.
- It’s really fun to create personalized pieces of jewelry for people you know and love, and give it to them as gifts.
- I really like being able to combine some of my other interests with jewelry making.
For example, I love history and I like being able to sometimes include historical components, techniques, design features, or ideas in my jewelry.
- I love the meditative state you can get into with creativity.
It’s like an altered form of consciousness where you just get so absorbed in the creation of what you’re doing that the rest of the world just disappears.
- I love that jewelry making is truly the journey of a lifetime.
You can spend your entire life experimenting with different tools, different techniques – there’s so many different things to explore.
You can do all kinds of different things and never make the same thing twice.
And every time you sit down at your table it’s just as fresh and exciting as the very first time you picked up a pair of pliers!
I can’t wait to hear why you’re addicted to making jewelry, if you’d like to leave a comment below.
I’ll see you soon!
The Jewelry Rena’s Wearing
in This Video:
Neckwire: Velour-wrapped brass wire by Rena Klingenberg; see my Fabric Wrapped Choker Necklace Tutorial.
Earrings: Copper, turquoise, and coral by Zoraida.
Necklace: Framed Tendrils Necklace from Slevart.