Jewelry and Coffee with Rena
by Rena Klingenberg.
Here are 9 things you can say to help jewelry customers feel comfortable and well cared for:
Transcript of this Video:
Every contact you have with a jewelry customer is an opportunity to influence whether they’ll return, and whether they’ll refer other people to you.
And a major part of your customer contact is how you talk (or write) when you’re working with your customers.
Here are 9 things you can say to help jewelry customers feel comfortable and well cared for.
(And of course you can re-word these phrases to suit the way YOU naturally talk, and the type of clients you serve.)
- Instead of “Let me know if you have any problems with this necklace”, you can say:
“Please let me know if you have any questions about your necklace.”
(People would much rather feel that they’ll have a question than a problem!)
- When a customer asks a question you can’t answer off the top of your head, you can say:
“Let me find out and I’ll get back to you. What’s the best way for me to get in touch with you?”
- When a customer makes a request, they’re always glad to hear:
“I’d be happy to.”
- When customizing jewelry for a customer, it’s nice to say:
“I want to make sure it’s the way you like it.”
- When a customer is hesitating about checking out with the jewelry they’ve chosen, a nice way to get them to make the purchase is to say:
“I can take care of that for you.”
- When you’ve finished a customer’s transaction, you can ask:
“Is there anything else I can help you with?”
- When your customer is leaving after making a purchase, it’s nice to say:
“I appreciate your business.”
- When a customer thanks you, you can simply say:
- To make customers feel like privileged insiders:
“Here’s a sneak preview of my new bracelets” (or whatever new stuff you have).
I think it’s especially important to say kind, caring things to your customers – and really mean them – during the busy times of year, like the Christmas holiday season.
It only takes a moment to say these things, but they make a tremendous difference in your customers’ shopping experience!
I’d love to hear what you say to your customers when you’re taking care of them, if you’d like to share that in the comments below.
Thanks for joining me today – I’ll see you soon.
The Jewelry Rena’s Wearing
in This Video:
Pendant – from my Rustic Autumn Leaf Pendant tutorial.
Earrings – turquoise, amber, sterling silver. By Rena Klingenberg.