Tree of Life Designs

by Michelle Maple.
(Dover NH USA)

Tree of Life Designs by Michelle Maple  - featured on Jewelry Making Journal

Tree of Life – freshwater pearls

Several years ago I was asked to teach a class on making tree of life pendants.

Tree of Life Designs by Michelle Maple  - featured on Jewelry Making Journal

Bangles

I had never made one so did some research.

Tree of Life Designs by Michelle Maple  - featured on Jewelry Making Journal

Autumn colors

I have enjoyed teaching and making trees of life since then!!

Tree of Life Designs by Michelle Maple  - featured on Jewelry Making Journal

Peridot and copper

Michelle Maple
Ladybug Jewelry

• Karen Watson says:

I love Tree of Life jewelry too. Yours are lovely.

• Rume says:

Love the variety of colors, shapes and beads. Makes me want to learn how to make them, too. So many possibilities. We usually see only the round frame and pebble beads in variety of colors. Thanks fir sharing.

• Diane says:

I enjoy making Tree of Life pendants too. There is such a variety of ways to make them and I know with mine, no two are ever exactly alike. I like how you used what looks like a hammered frame on yours. I’ve done that with a few of mine but mostly I use heavy gauge round wire for the frame.
    Good for you enjoying teaching and making them.

• Rita says:

Lovely work. Especially the bangle where the tree looks like itโ€™s living through a hurricane. Living in Florida, I can see making one of these as a tribute to our beautiful and scary storms.

• Gorgeous collection, Michelle! My favorite is the forest in photo #3 – beautifully designed.

• Sharon says:

I also enjoy making them. I’ve also made earrings. Quite a challenge there. I use 18g wire for the frames for the earrings and 14g for pendants. I always hammer. Makes it glisten in the light! Love it!

• Michelle Mape says:

Thank you Karen!!

• Nan says:

I lov making these as well. I chage up the beads for seasonal how lite for winter or holiday theme colors, carnelian chips for Fall etc.. Right now I am working on one in metal clay instead of wire and I’m carving the tree ,. A bit intimidating but I’ll get there.

• Thank you everyone! These trees of life are definitely my therapy! ๐Ÿ™‚