Seed Bead Wrap Bracelets

by Jessica.
(Nyack NY)

Fun with Seed Bead Wraps by Jessica  - featured on Jewelry Making Journal

Fun with wraps

I used to make memory wire wraps, but I wanted a change. I stilled loved the wrapped look, but didn’t like the stiffness of the memory wire. I thought maybe I can string the seed beads on jewelry wire and combine it with leather. I used the leather with a Swarovski Crystal to create a clasp and voila! What do you think?

Jessica
Copper Firefly Bracelets

• Toni says:

I really like this idea. And those bracelets look great! I agree that memory wire is annoying sometimes. How did you add the leather? Any chance you might do a short tutorial.

• Jessica says:

Hi Toni. Thanks so much! I made a loop with the leather and slipped the wire through the loop. I then put the wire through a crimp tube and crimped it. I used the other end of the leather to create the loops for the clasp. A tutorial sounds like fun. I’ll try to create one.

• A nice variation of seed bead wraps, Jessica, and I too love your innovation of the leather loop in these! A great way to add interest and make yours unique.

• Joybelle Malcolm says:

Jessica, very, very, nicely done. Kudos! Using beading wire still troubles me but I may test your version out. Please let us know if/when you do the tutorial.

• Kathy Zee says:

Very nice bracelets. It’s so nice to make a variation of them and not use memory wire. I love the colors that you used. Have you tried making them with a little larger bead? I just wondered how they would lay on the wrist. Good job!

• Jessica says:

Thank you all! I really enjoy making these. I have also used 4mm and 6mm round gemstone beads. I wouldn’t go beyond 6mm round. Anything larger doesn’t sit right on the wrist.

• Melanie Solis says:

The copper firefly bracelet link under the article doesn’t work:(