Easy Jewelry Fundraiser Idea

by Kathy Zee.
(Fiddletown, CA)

Easy Jewelry Fundraiser Idea by Kathy Zee  - featured on Jewelry Making Journal

lead and nickel free necklaces

I am doing a fund raiser for a high school and I needed to come up with some less expensive ideas to make some cute things for the teens.

We all have one charm or one of something in our stash and I went through all my charms and pendants and pulled out the things that I just had one of.

I had some 20 inch chain that I bought from Annie Howes, and made some necklaces, simple designs, easy to put together.

Easy Jewelry Fundraiser Idea by Kathy Zee  - featured on Jewelry Making Journal

Set of four necklaces

These sell for $10 each and are affordable for the kids.

You can see I use my packaging, on my jewelry cards that I have printed with my logo.

I have already sold ten of these which made me $100… so get your one-sies out and make some necklaces for your next jewelry show.

I have found it’s amazing what sells at shows.

Easy Jewelry Fundraiser Idea by Kathy Zee  - featured on Jewelry Making Journal

More necklaces, simple with chain.

I know it’s not too creative but it is working to make extra money and using up things that are just in my collection of charms.

I also find they sell better packaged like this versus hanging or displayed.

I put one out on a display with a sign “Necklaces $10.00” The rest go in a basket.

Kathy Zee
ZeeBlings by Kathy Zee
ZeeBlings by Kathy Zee on Facebook

• Rena Klingenberg says:

Great idea, Kathy! The perfect fundraiser items – quick and easy to make, sell well, and use “orphan” jewelry components! Plus they are “charm”ing. ๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you for sharing this great idea!

• Kathy Zee says:

Thanks Rena for your comments. I like you calling them orphan jewelry components. That’s exactly what they are. Things that are orphans in our stash. After making jewelry since 2006 I have lots of those orphans. Nice to get some homes for them. And thank you for posting them today.

• Lynda Carson says:

I too love ideas for all those orphan beads and charms that are just sitting around…these are simple, but very appealing necklaces. It’s easy to see how quickly they are being snapped up!

• Catelain says:

What are the chains made out of?

• Kathy Zee says:

Thanks Lynda. I also made some with three beads that turned out super cute. Having fun using up things in a simple fashion.

• Kathy Zee says:

I bought the chains probably a year or two ago and I believe they are a zinc alloy which is lead free. I checked the Annie Howes site and didn’t see this particular chain available but she has others and always carries high quality products.

• Valerie says:

Great idea, Kathy! But, what got my attention is that you said these sell better packaged on your cards (and in cellophane bags?) than hanging. Hmmm. Is that your experience in general? What kind of basket do you use?

• Patti says:

What great necklaces! Wondeful idea…thanks for sharing๐Ÿ’œ

• Kathy Zee says:

Hi Val, i get the cellophane bags at Jewelrysupply.com online. They are super clear with an adhesive top. I either use a regular basket that is like a cracker holder that i can stand the necklaces upright. It’s about the right side. I also just bought a bead holder from JoAnn’s that has the slots that are just the right size that i can also use to stand them upright in it. Either one works good. My cards are the size of a business card but the card stock is much stiffer. I have them professionally done and they cost me $75 for a thousand. Hope that helps…

• Kathleen says:

I like your idea Kathy, I would like to try a couple of these if you don’t mind? I haven’t sold jewellery for over ten years now and I’m nervous of my first stall at a retirement home. I hope you don’t mind Kathy. Thank you I will post what happens after 31st March.

• Rita says:

Excellent work Kathy! I find often that simple designs are so much more eye catching. Hope you met your goals at the fund raiser. So important to help out schools these days. Thank you for sharing!

• Kathy Zee says:

Go for it! They are an easy sell and i hope you do really well. Can’t wait to hear how things go for you.

• Kathy Zee says:

Rita, Thank you for your comment. I do find at times the simple designs work the best and they are less work…(: I sell a lot of earrings and I sometimes just add a charm on the ear wires with maybe one bead and those are the ones that sell verses something that took me a lot more time to make. Glad you enjoyed my post.

• Carol wofford says:

Great idea!! And I like the packaging too. Iโ€™m going to make some, thanks for sharing ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Kathy Zee says:

Glad you liked the idea. Please share what you make and let us know how this has boosted your sales. My best to you!

• Mary Anne says:

Curious…are all the chains the same length? What is a good standard size for a fundraising crowd?