Early Retirement Designs

by Chris Rehkop.
(Ashland, MO)

Early Retirement Designs, by Chris Rehkop  - featured on Jewelry Making Journal

Swarovski Crystal & Gold Necklace

It’s official, I’m retired!

Early Retirement Designs, by Chris Rehkop  - featured on Jewelry Making Journal

Green Garnet & Gold Earrings

These are a few designs I finished just on the verge of retiring recently.

Early Retirement Designs, by Chris Rehkop  - featured on Jewelry Making Journal

Heart of the Ocean – Bermuda Blue Swarovski Heart & Rhodium Hammered Heart Necklace

I can’t wait for art/craft shows to come back.

Early Retirement Designs, by Chris Rehkop  - featured on Jewelry Making Journal

Gold & Swarovski Charm Wrap Bracelet

I’m looking at on-line platforms to sell, and would appreciate feedback if you’ve sold on Amazon-Handmade. too.

Chris Rehkop
Chris’ Closet

• Congratulations on your early retirement, Chris! It looks like you have your next career ready to go! I like the teardrop shape you used to attach the bead for the earrings. I wish you joy and creativity.

• Chris Rehkop says:

Thank so much Rena!

• Mary says:

Congrats on the retirement! It’s such a wonderful stage of life. Your jewelry is beautiful!

• Cat says:

Congrats! Retirement is awesome! And so are your creations.

After talking with others who had, I decided not to go with Amazon but I did set up shops on Etsy (4 of them now!) and absolutely love it.

I hope you’ll let us know what you decide to do!

• Chris Rehkop says:

Thanks so much Mary.

• Chris Rehkop says:

Thanks Cat! I’ll have to research Etsy a bit more.

• Rita says:

Retirement is the BEST Chris! Be careful with overload and burnout in your jewelry endeavors. Don’t forget to take a lot of me time for yourself. I only sell custom orders so can’t comment on Amazon or Etsy, but my friend Sharin closed her Etsy shop because the fees were getting too high. Plus she is in the Northeast and has a lot of indoor and outdoor local art and craft shows year round where she sells. I’m not sure if that’s popular in MO yet, but check around your area. If you’re near St. Louis there may be some indoor craft fairs. I miss St Louis. I lived there back in the 70s. Great city. Good Luck!