© by Rena Klingenberg; all rights reserved.
Chain nose pliers are a tool that you really can’t live without when you’re making jewelry.
They’re tapered to a very small point at the tip, and have a smooth, flat gripping surface on the inside.
Chain Nose Pliers for?
- Making precise bends in wire.
- Making a smaller movement than you could accomplish with your broader-tipped flat nose pliers.
- Closing loops.
- Holding small things.
- Opening and closing small jump rings.
- Pinching down the cut end of a wire to make a wrap lie nice and flat.
- Getting into small spaces – jewelry has a lot of nooks and crannies where you need to use fine-tip tools.
As you can see, you’ll be using these quite a lot in making jewelry!