Need Ideas for Using Necklace Memory Wire – but for Things Other Than Making Chokers

by Daisy.

for Things Other Than Making Chokers  - Discussion on Jewelry Making Journal

Do you have any ideas for different uses for necklace memory wire – rather than making chokers?

I have some necklace memory wire, but am stuck for new ideas.

Thank you for your ideas and help!

Daisy

• Kay says:

I have done peyote beading on the chokers but am also interested in something new to do with them. If you find an answer PLEASE let me know.

• Hi Daisy, I’ve used memory wire for various earring designs.

• daisy says:

Thank you Rena for your wonderful site and great inspiration. Did you just chop pieces off the necklace memory wire?

• daisy says:

Will do Kay
    A long time ago I saw something about cutting a coil up and making ‘swags’ for a necklace but can’t find anything on the internet or remember how they put them together!
    I am just hoping some of the great designers on here may have some ideas!

• Daisy, I’ve created earrings similar to the ones in my Face Framing Earrings tutorial here (of course without hammering the memory wire):

• daisy says:

Thank you so much Rena and with not hammering the memory wire I could maybe add some beads

• Exactly, Daisy! 🙂

• Moogie says:

I recently made a suncatcher using necklace memory wire. It came out fairly heavy & stretched out. Next time, I’d use lighter materials or a shorter piece. It’s still pretty though!

• daisy says:

That’s a good idea Moogie, thanks.

• Nancy Vaughan says:

Hi, Daisy, I’ve used left over sections of necklace memory wire to string heavy crystal points on so the beads can be fanned out instead of bunched up. Just make a loop on one end, string the beads, make another loop on the other end and attach a chain or cord.

• daisy says:

Nancy, that’s a brilliant idea!! Thank you so much for sharing

• Dorothy says:

Always looking for tips and something new to try