Nautical Earrings – Summer on the Great Lakes

by Sherry G. Day.
(Michigan)

Nautical Earrings - Summer on the Great Lakes by Sherry G. Day  - featured on Jewelry Making Journal

Sand glass sailboats

Here in Michigan, we look forward to launching our boats and getting out on the lakes.

Patina NautiGal earrings

I have a NautiGal Collection in my jewelry line and it focuses jewelry designed for beach and boats.

Ship’s wheel earrings

I use sand glass and nautical charms as well as pearls and other materials related to the oceans.

Sea shell earrings

Many of the materials I use I found when we were sailing around the world for five years.

Sherry G. Day
Trillium Studio

• I love these earrings and the way you’ve styled them.

• Rena Klingenberg says:

A fun theme for jewelry, inspired by your travels Sherry! I especially like the sailboats, and the starfish + shells. The nautical props are so perfect for showing these earrings.

• Missy says:

Beautiful work says a fellow Michigander!

• Judith says:

I love those little boats.

• Linda Lohraff says:

I love your whole idea! Your photographs are amazing and it really shows your beautiful earrings!

• Dora says:

I love your beach themed jewelry! Very creative!

• Kathy Zee says:

Sherry, your earrings are so cute. What a great way to show the “water” side of your jewelry and the area where you live. Bringing the outside into your jewelry is a great idea. I especially love the first ones you posted that look like a boat with a sail .They are awesome.

• Daisy says:

Sherry your items are absolutely gorgeous, very reminiscent of the ocean. I too especially like the ones that look like a sailboat

• Rita says:

Sherry, aren’t shells so fun! I love designing with them. I miss the lakes of the Midwest. But, I live near the Gulf of Mexico and am inspired by each trip to the beach. You never know what is going to wash up into your hands that can be worked into a creation. In finishing, I use mineral oil to bring out the natural colors. That acid scares me. Your photos are beautiful. Excellent work. Thank you for sharing.

• Jo says:

You have a beautiful collection here! And to read you got to sail around the world?? Agh! No. 1 on my bucket list!
    Grew up in No. Indiana, spending many a summer day & night hanging out @ Sand Dunes Park in So. Lake Michigan. Just reading your post brought back many a fond memory! It wasn’t til I’d visited Gulf of Mexico at age 8 that I learned I’d never find the little gems of shells & sand dollars in the sand dunes back home (but it never kept me from searching!) 😉