How to Make Your Own Earring Kits

by Kathy Zee.
(Fiddletown, CA)

Making Earring Kits by Kathy Zee  - featured on Jewelry Making Journal

Combination red, black and silver with hypo allergenic ear wires

If you love beads you have tons of extras hanging around. I noticed that people who are crafty really enjoy making their own jewelry especially earrings.

Making Earring Kits by Kathy Zee  - featured on Jewelry Making Journal

Blue and silver earring kit. I have all of these in my Etsy store

So i am putting together earring kits with items that i would buy and use to make my own. I tried making one pair of earrings then the kit.

Making Earring Kits by Kathy Zee  - featured on Jewelry Making Journal

Green, gold, pearls and silver kit

Then had some feedback to just put together beads and findings and sell it as a kit. So here are a few that i have made so far. I also am showing how i am packaging them.

I hope other crafters love these combinations I have put together.

Kathy Zee
ZeeBlingsbyKathyZee
www.facebook.com/zeeblingsbykathyzee

• Mary says:

What a great idea!

• Kathy, these kits are all so pretty! A wonderful idea and a great way to use your leftover bits and pieces while giving others a chance to be creative.

• Helen says:

I have been planning for something similar. I live in a development of primarily senior citizens. I am planning a bead day for making earrings, a day for a necklace, and or bracelet with my left overs that I no longer need. I am charging $5,00 per class and my proceeds go to my favorite charity.
    Thanks for sharing your photos too.

• Nancy Vaughan says:

This is a wonderful idea and a great way to encourage crafters and others to try something that may be completely new. Thanks for sharing.

• Deborah K says:

Hi Kathy,
    Do you sell these at shows? I know you do a fair amount of shows…is this viable?

• Kathy Zee says:

I am glad you like the idea Helen. It is a good way of being creative and seeing what others do with the items in the package. Put some together and post them. Would love to see what you put together.

• Kathy Zee says:

Nancy, so glad you liked the idea.

• Kathy Zee says:

I have not had these at craft shows yet due to most being canceled this year. But i have sold a few to people on my Facebook page who make jewelry, and a few teens who want to try making jewelry but didn’t want to spend alot of money doing it. I have a $10 price tag on all the ones i have made so far. I also have them in my Etsy store.