Bead and Wire Earrings: Boost Sales!

by Zoraida.
(Patchogue, NY)

Carnelian, Clear Quartz, Bronze and Copper earrings

I made these bead and wire earrings to bring to a 2 day show. I have so many necklaces and bracelets that I needed to include some items at a lower price point so that anyone could afford to buy something. I’m working on pendants as well.

Jade, Bronze and Copper earrings

Turquoise, Red Coral and copper earrings

Carnelian and Copper earrings

It worked, I sold lots of earrings and some cross and other pendants as well!

Zoraida
Zoraida Jewelry
Zoraida Jewelry at Artfire

• Linda Sinish says:

Having a variety of price points works! Many customers have a restricted budget, especially if they are looking to buy something as a gift for someone. Earrings are always popular.

I believe people think spending $20 or so is safe on their wallet. My pendants range in price from $22 to $38 and they sell better than the necklaces and bracelets. I can’t honestly know what’s going on inside their heads and what drives their decisions, but I really think it’s the cost of the piece and how it effects their wallets.

Yet, I do feature some of my more high priced and detailed pieces. They sell, plus show the range of work.

• Lynda says:

Beautiful wire work, Zoraida! People recognize quality jewelry and are willing to pay for what they value. So happy that the show was a success for you!

• Sally V says:

These are gorgeous, as is all of your work. I am a big fan! Would you share what gauges of copper wire you used for these? Thank you.

• Love them – I always look forward to seeing your work.

• Bonnie Lee says:

beautiful work. i really like the combination of copper and carnelian, So warm and pretty.

• Abigail Robichon says:

Zoraida, you are growing in leaps and bounds…. Wow. they are becoming more and more… stunning

• zoraida says:

Thank you ladies. I appreciate your comments. Sally V – I usually use 16 or 18 gauge for the earring frame, 20 gauge for swirls within the frame and 22-24 gauge for the wrapping. The ear wires are 20 gauge.

• very sweet! Thats one thing I like about working in copper, and wire in general – you can really broaden your price-point options to capture a bigger audience.

• Donna Geurin says:

Zoraido is my favorite artist. She is so talented and I love her work. Congratulations on your recent move, looks beautiful.

• zoraida says:

Thanks so much Donna. I’m really flattered. I’m still trying to adjust to our “new” home (needs lots of work). The beautiful, rural countryside is inspiring though 🙂

• beth says:

Wow! just finish looking at your website zoraida. i know were not suppose to compare ourselves with other artist….lol. Awesome work!

• zoraida says:

Thanks so much for the lovely compliment, Beth ! We’re always harder on ourselves that we should be.

• zoraida says:

Oops, sorry Beth…I meant to say “we’re always harder on ourselves than we should be”. It’s freezing here in upstate NY and my hands are cold 🙁

• Anne Chionye says:

Your pieces are so beautiful and unique Zoraida. Thank you for sharing. I have not made any jewellery pieces in a while and seeing these have spurred me on to create something. Thank you.

• zoraida says:

Thank you so much Anne! I appreciate hearing from other jewelry makers. I hope you start creating something again. It’s good for the soul.