Looking for inspiration I recently found an old, copper, solid, chevron piece that I had in my miscellaneous stash container.
I believe it was a single, left over earring from who knows where.
I thought about how I could use this shape with wire and began the experimenting phase with pipe cleaners. They are so easy to manipulate and keep changing.
After adjusting the various lengths to fit the size of my beads I settled on this shape for a necklace.
To keep my prototype simple and inexpensive I used: the end of an 18 gauge silver plated spool, 28 gauge wrapping wire, and left over size 5 seed beads.
Then I tried a slightly larger piece of base wire so I could use 6 mm crystals.
I plan on making several more with different beads and wire for my first show of the season in April.
As a last bit of inspiration I thought about, but haven’t tried yet, creating a small loop in the center V before I make the bends in the wire so I could add a focal – maybe even removable – 3 variations for 1: plain stone chevron necklace, add the focal, focal pendant on another chain.
Everyone seems to like versatility. I’m going to try this ASAP.
Needless to say that my vision was for necklaces, but upon seeing the prototype my 8 year old granddaughter immediately put it around the top of her head to fall across her forehead like one of the Disney princesses.
So with a little gentle bending and manipulation of the base wire it looked gorgeous as a headpiece as well. Out of the mouths of babes.