Long Necklaces for Upcoming Shows

by Kathy Zee.
(Fiddletown, CA)

Long Necklaces for Upcoming Shows by Kathy Zee - featured on Jewelry Making Journal

Gold chain with mix of gemstones, and glass beads

I am in the process of making 12 of these necklaces for my upcoming shows.

Here are a few that are done so far.

I used some bead soup ones, beads from my stash with gemstones and glass beads and pieces of chain or leftover chain.

Long Necklaces for Upcoming Shows by Kathy Zee  - featured on Jewelry Making Journal

Teal blue glass beads with silver chain and black onyx beads

Blue necklace is glass beads with black onyx beads and silver chain.

Most are 32 inches long. I did not put a clasp on them.

Do you think I should add that to them?

Kathy Zee
ZeeBlings by Kathy Zee

Zeeblings by Kathy Zee on Facebook

• Rena Klingenberg says:

Kathy, the way you intersperse bits of chain with the beads makes an interesting fashion statement. Each necklace you show would work with a variety of outfit colors. If you do add a clasp, these 32 inch necklaces could also be worn double for a 16 inch.

• Rita says:

Ooo, I love bead soup Kathy! Very pretty designs. Good luck with the show and thank you for sharing.

• Betty says:

When I make a long necklace (32 inch) I add a 4 inch extender with a clasp so it can be doubled as a choker.

• Marilyn Buehler says:

Very nice design and implementation. You deserve a gentle pat on the back for this work.

• Christine Yuss says:

I love the idea of calling them bead soup – a little of this – a little of that and pretty soon you have a long necklace that is unique! Plus it feels good to use up bits and pieces taking up storage space 🙂

• Claudia says:

Kathy …. I absolutely adore that blue one !! What you call “Bead Soup”, I used to call “The Kitchen Sink”. LOL You have great designs!

• Kathy Zee says:

Thanks Rena for the suggestion. I think i will add a clasp so they can be doubled.

• Kathy Zee says:

Thank you Rita for your comment. So glad you like the bead soup one. Show is this next weekend. Can’t wait to show these…

• Kathy Zee says:

Marilyn, I appreciate your comment. Its so much fun making jewelry.

• Kathy Zee says:

Christine, Your comment led me to make a few more bead soup necklaces. I will try to post them soon.

• Kathy Zee says:

Claudia, thank you for saying i have great designs. I appreciate that very much. Made my day.