My Portable Work Station

by Lisa Rohrssen.
(Elizabeth City, North Carolina USA)

LRohrssen: My Portable Work Station 1

My husband converted a tree stump into a very efficient work station. I find that having it with me gives people something to talk to me about, and the men are all fascinated by my anvil and hammers.

Me working. I call it girl math, if I am not selling I make other pieces to sell in the future so I am still making money.

LRohrssen: My Portable Work Station 4

I feel it adds a legitimacy to my work because it’s all completely fabricated from wire or sheet.

Lisa Rohrssen
Lisa Rohrssen Designs on facebook

• I forgot to add more detail, there is a hole drilled for my center punch and my empty pen case that holds my saw blades. My ring mandrel can be mounted on it and my bench pin also fits and there is a place to store my jewelers saw.

• Autumn says:

I like it! It’s different, but in a good way. I’ve read some of your comments about this station, and it’s nice to see a picture of it. Hopefully it serves you well for along while.

• Anne says:

It is so cool that it is portable as well as compact. My tools have to fit into a small part of my garage and I am now thinking about how to adapt this design to my space and tools. Thanks so much for sharing.

• What a cool workstation, Lisa! Everything’s handy in one spot, and I like the rustic feel of the tree stump with tools growing out of it. Creative and useful design. Thank you for sharing this great idea with us!

• joyce says:

What a cool little workstation! I find that when I do the simplistic of tasks at a show (like putting a jump ring on a necklace) people stop and watch. It’s a great conversation starter.

• Barbara says:

I love it, thanks for sharing. What a great idea, everything is so handy and organized! I’m wondering how is it portable, do you put it on a cart?

• Patti says:

That is wonderful! Its a great idea..I am looking for something portable too,want to work outside in the warm weather

• Joanne says:

I love the look and the very practical design!

• LORA DeSANDRE says:

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!! As Barbara said above: “Iā€™m wondering how is it portable?”
    I live with my husband in a Motorhome, always traveling. Home IS where we park it as the full-time RVers say. My husband just recently did some remodeling for me. He took out the sofa-bed and custom built a workstation for me where the sofa used to be. Talk about limited space! Its working out well with the exception of storage, and oh! how I want to go outside to work with my jewelry! Anyone? Ideas?

• Hi Lora, what a lovely way to live! I keep my jewelry supplies in modular containers so I can work in any room of the house, or outdoors, or even traveling. Here’s my system:

Storing Jewelry Supplies & Tools – Rena’s System.

Also, in this post I have a system that works well for travel: Disaster Preparedness List for Your Jewelry Business – scroll down to the part called “Get Your Jewelry Supplies and Tools Ready to Grab and Go” in that post.

I hope you can find a few helpful ideas there! šŸ™‚