What is This Kind of Jewelry Finding Called?

by Shawn.

What is This Kind of Jewelry Finding Called?  - Discussion on Jewelry Making Journal

I am looking for the proper name of this kind of setting.

It’s a small flexible decorative metal sheet that can be bent over various shapes and glued into place.

I included a picture of what I mean.

Thank you.

FREE - Get 7 Super Jewelry Making Hacks

Get Rena's 7 Super Jewelry Making Hacks, plus the Jewelry Making Journal Newsletter - all for FREE.

We Respect Your Email Privacy

  • Hi Shawn, I think what you’re looking for is called a “Bell Cap”, although there may also be other names for it.

  • Colleen says:

    That’s a bead cap.

  • vanetta says:

    The finding is a bead cap, and there are numerous styles. It comes separate from the loop at the end.

  • Moogie says:

    There is definitely some confusion about this finding! On one website that sells them, they are listed under the category “bead cap”. When you click that, there are 2 categories—bead caps & bell caps. When clicking bell caps, these findings appear. They are bead caps with an attached loop & are meant to be glued onto a bead. But their individual description lists them as bead caps! Personally I call them bell caps to distinguish them from the others that require stringing or wire wrapping. That is my entire dissertation on the subject. Thank you for your attention!! (Yeah, I’m goofy sometimes… 🙂

  • LOL, Moogie! I agree, I’ve seen “bell caps” that include a built-in loop and have to be glued to the top of the stone / bead as a bail. And there are also the more popularly used “bead caps” that have a hole instead of a loop, and are strung onto the end of the bead. And there are probably other names for each of these – just to make it confusing! 🙂 🙂

  • When I first looked at the picture, I immediately thought a glue on bail for that finding. However, after reading the comments, I can see how it could be a bead cap as well.. Did it come in packaging or did you just buy it at a a bead show? (I was curious as to what the packaging said…)

  • sharon says:

    It is a bead cap. Can be purchased from many online stores. Try Rio Grand for silver or gold plate.

  • Karen Escalera says:

    I believe it’s one of those things that depends on what part of the country or country you’re in. I learned it as a bead cap. lol.

  • >