Jasper Gemstone Necklace with Large Pendant

by Kathy Zee.
(Fiddletown, CA)

Jasper Gemstone Necklace with Large Pendant by Kathy Zee  - featured on Jewelry Making Journal

Picture Jasper gemstone necklace

I recently bought these Picture Jasper beads and the earthy colors just grabbed me, so as I held them in my hands I felt that they needed a statement piece to go with them.

So I made this 20 inch necklace with the Jasper beads, silver bead caps, and a huge heart pendant that has a western flair to it.

I do simple stringing but try to work with colors versus hard to do pieces.

What do you think of this?

Kathy Zee
ZeeBlings by Kathy Zee
ZeeBlings by Kathy Zee on Facebook

• This unique heart pendant is a perfect piece to complete the necklace, Kathy. The earthy palette makes it a great accessory with all kinds of clothing colors. And just in time for Valentine’s Day! 🙂

• Rita Muller says:

So lovely Kathy! Jasper has always been one of my favorite gemstones and shows lovely in your piece. Thanks for sharing!

• Kathy,
    Thank you for sharing, those earth tone colors are popping!

• Andrea says:

Beautiful!

• Cathy Stewart says:

I think it looks wonderful! Very chunky and bold with the heart and the beads. Makes a great statement.

• Kathy Zee says:

Thank you everyone for your comments. I was a little leery about putting that huge pendant on it but it seems to balance it out. I have about 20 of those pendants…i made earrings with one pair and then put one of this necklace. Now to figure out what to do with the rest…
    Jasper is so pretty with all of the colors that just blend together. I fell in love with the beads and when they arrived they were even nicer. Glad you liked it.

• olya says:

Thank you, Author!!! I appreciate your encouragement and friendship!

• Linda Rolsma says:

Really love the colors and the combo of The beads with the rustic style heart. Very nice!

• Janelen Mitchell says:

where can i get these beads i
    love all the jewelry and design please keep in touch with me thank you.

• Kathy Zee says:

Hi Janelen, I believe I bought the jasper beads from Artbeads.com or Auntiesbeads.com. You can find these beads also at Goodybeads.com Anyone who sells Jasper will have them. I wait for the sales then get them. And the long rectangle beads I bought at Fire Mountain Gems. Hope that helps. -Kathy