Inspired by An Artist’s Heart

by Tamara Summers.
(Kitchener, Ontario, Canada)

Heart Takes Flight Necklace

I made up some pieces last week which may be sold on an artist’s (painter’s) website. Part of the proceeds would go to support charity work. As I’m not sure if it’s a go yet, I won’t give details, but I will share some of the pieces I made up.

Heart of Blue Necklace and Earring Set

Because the young woman running it is an artist, and her logo, etc. are very artistic, I wanted to do pieces and photography that fit in with that style.

Dangling Horseshoe Earrings

Midnight Garden Necklace and Earring Set

Her logo is a colourful heart, so I included a lot of them in my pieces.

I really enjoyed doing this line, and it really resonated with me!

See more inspirations here.

Tamara Summers
Pink Pearls by Tamara

• Tamara says:

Thanks, Rena and Alicia! Love the title you came up with, Alicia! 🙂

• Tamara, I love all the unique opportunities you’re always participating in. That’s what I do too, and it takes you down the most interesting paths, doesn’t it?

So cool how you included hearts in your designs for this opportunity – and even posed them in heart shapes – I love that, and I’m sure the gal whose site they’ll be on will be thrilled at how you’ve honored her theme and logo.

I agree, the title is perfect for this post. 🙂

• Elena Arreni says:

Hi Tamara,
    your creations are very pretty, I like the colors you chose, they’re very well coordinated to the background (I guess it’s one of your friend paintings?!?).
    Best luck to you and your friend!

• Tamara says:

Hi Rena! Yes, these opportunities do take us down some interesting paths. They don’t always end up being situations where we sell a lot of jewellery, but they are a step in our journey, and we learn a lot on the way.

Hi Elena! Thank you! The colors I used were colours represented in her logo. The little painting was one I had down in my family room, picked up a few years ago in a thrift store. I noticed it one day as I was walking through the room, just around the time I needed to do the photography for this, and thought that it would be perfect for this situation. I have to say, I do love these photos – I think they’re some of my favourites that I’ve done. They make me happy when I look at them. 🙂

• Lynda says:

Isn’t it wonderful when so many things diverge into one wonderful event? The thrift store painting, your jewelry skills, and artist’s heartfelt concern. Thanks for sharing your unique jewelry and story.

• Tamara says:

You’re right Lynda, there’s a real feeling of “rightness” when different pieces come together like that. When I saw the painting, I was drawn to the colours in it, and also to the style of the painting, with the heart on it. I am a lover of hearts anywhere, and use them a lot in jewellery. And when I saw this website, with the heart logo in the same colours, I was drawn to it in the same way, to want to create jewellery to reflect that. The fact that money would be going to help those in need (rather than paying rent somewhere) was an extra bonus. The same part of me that loved the painting wanted to create jewellery for this site, and some creations came together for me that reflected what I wanted to reflect. So it was me reaching out for things out there that were a reflection of myself, and bringing them together where I am.

I sent her the pictures, for her response, and she said she liked them and asked about my price points. I gave her a general parameter, and said I could do a little write-up, with specific prices, for each piece if she was interested in having them on her site. I haven’t heard back from her yet. So I don’t even know if this is a go yet, but even if it isn’t, I’ve used materials I had on hand to create a line that I’m happy with, that’s a reflection of myself, and there’ll be another place and time for them to be sold.

• samira says:

I’m interested by your handicraft jewelry……
    I hope always you’ll be success dear.

• Tamara says: