Getting Out of My Comfort Zone

by Daryl Adams.
(United States)

I still consider myself quite the ‘newbie’. I have been trying to branch out with the kind of metal I use with wire-wrapping.

Star Pendant Foiled Glass Design

Star Pendant Foiled Glass Design

I started with copper then gradually progressed to fine silver. I finally got the courage to use 14K yellow gold filled wire in a piece.

Blue Dichroic Glass Pendant

Blue Dichroic Glass Pendant

Since then, I’ve pushed myself further. My wife loves 14K rose gold, so I ordered 14K rose gold filled wire. I also have experimented with dichroic & silver foil glass as well.

Rubies in Fuschite

Rubies in Fuschite

Here are a few pieces that although far from perfect, I feel happy that I attempted them!

Daryl Adams
Adams Handcrafted Jewelry at Storenvy
Adams Handcrafted Jewelry on Facebook

• You have a very nice style! I am just starting to learn wire weaving techniques myself, so it is very interesting to see where others take their skills!

• Daryl Adams says:

Thank you Terrie Marcoe very much…I appreciate the nice comment 🙂

• Rachel K says:

Daryl, your designs are absolutely gorgeous!

• Dana C Smith says:

Hi Daryl! Glad you graduated to silver and gold wire-your wire weaving is gorgeous; and delightfully asymmetrical! Playful, even. Have you tried Argentium silver? Easy to work and highly tarnish-resistant.

• Joybelle says:

Daryl, for a ‘newbie’ you are rockin’ it. Your pieces are eye-catching and I like them all. Wirework intimidates me but it is on my to-do list. Kudos…

• Judith says:

What gorgeous creations! You are a very talented artisan in these materials. I appreciate the value of these lovely items. Hurrah for you and keep on keeping on.

• Daryl Adams says:

Thank you to All who wrote such encouraging messages! It means alot. To Dana, I haven’t worked with Argentium silver yet. I am familiar with it, however I have not ordered any…thanks for the tip on that it is easy to work with 🙂

• Val says:

You wire work is absolutely stunning. The second piece makes me think of dragons. Very cool. I don’t think you are a newbie anymore. 🙂

• Wendy says:

Really beautiful, you have an eye for design, Daryl!

• Daryl Adams says:

Thank you to Val & Wendy very much for your kind words! Somehow I missed the email notifications on your responses. So sorry for that. I sure appreciate such nice comments! 🙂