French Hoop Earwires Tutorial (Video)

by Rena Klingenberg.

In this video tutorial we’ll make a pair of French hoop earwires.

This is a lovely earwire style that looks especially nice when you hang a simple dangle from it, in a shape that contrasts with the French hoop.

Supplies for This Project:

• Highlighter marker (or other mandrel) to shape the earwires
  • Cloth tape measure
  • 20 or 21 gauge round soft wire
  • Wire cutter
  • Cup bur or jewelry file
  • Round nose pliers
  • Flat nose pliers
  • Small piece of #0000 steel wool
  • Plastic or nylon hammer & steel block (optional) to flatten and harden your finished earwires.

French Hoop Earwires Tutorial (Video) - by Rena Klingenberg

French Hoop Earwires Tutorial (Video) - by Rena Klingenberg

Want to Learn the Basics of
Designing Your Own Wire Jewelry?

Design and Make Artistic Jewelry Components Class In my Design and Make Artistic Jewelry Components video class, you’ll learn how to get great ideas for wire jewelry designs – and then follow my easy system for turning those ideas into successful pieces of jewelry.

By the end of this online video class, you’ll be designing and making your own artistic earwires, clasps, connectors, and pendant bails.

You’ll also learn my tips for making wire jewelry more easily, with more professional looking results.

• Natalie says:

This tutorial is very easy to follow. I have used store-bought French hook earwires in the past. I like this French hoop and will start making these from now. Next I am going to watch your ‘Easy Fancy Earwires’ tutorial so that I never have to buy them again! Thank you for sharing!

• I’m going to follow your tutorial and make these. I had trouble keeping them so nice and round but maybe now with something to follow I’ll do better 🙂

• Linda says:

Thanks, Rena, for the tutorial! You’re the best! Linda

• Mary Beth says:

Thanks so much for sharing your expertise, Rena ~ pinning!

• heidi says:

Finally, someone has shown me how to make these. Thanks so much and hope you have a wonderful day

• April says:

Thank you so much for sharing your easy earring tutorial!

Hope to see you again soon!

April

• Val says:

Hi Rena,
    I have always liked the look of the French hoop. Now I can make them! Thank you for the tutorial!

Val

• Chrissy says:

These are so cute! Thanks for the tutorial!

• Rena,
    This is a great tutorial. I am just learning how to make jewelry and it is so much fun. Thanks so much for sharing.
    Have a great week.
    Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above

• Christy L says:

Hi i love this. Can’t wait to try it.

• Awesome tutorial 🙂 Thanks for sharing with us!

• pam chadwick says:

can i buy these videos

• Hi Pam!

Thanks so much for asking. This French Hoop Earwires video is one of the free wire jewelry videos that you can watch as much as you like here on Jewelry Making Journal.

I also have wire jewelry online video classes that you can purchase and have permanent access to.

I hope this helps, and I’m glad to hear you’re enjoying the videos! 🙂

• Love these ear wires. I’m always looking for a tutorial for great ear wires. Thanks Rena 🙂