I Finally Started – Made a Bracelet!!

by Daisy.
(North Yorkshire, England)

Seahorse Bracelet by Daisy  - featured on Jewelry Making Journal

I have been purchasing jewellery supplies for about 4 years (lots and lots!) but haven’t had the confidence to actually start making anything.

This week I finally started.

I made a simple stretchy bracelet of Amazonite chips and teeny freshwater pearls with a seahorse charm.

Seahorse Bracelet by Daisy  - featured on Jewelry Making Journal

I live by the sea and would like my jewellery to reflect that either in style or colour.

I know it’s simple but I am so pleased to have finally made something and hope to improve as I continue my jewellery making journey.

I would also like to take this opportunity to say a huge thanks to Rena as the JMJ has been a great source of pleasure and inspiration to me.

Daisy

• Daisy, I’m so excited for you! Now that you’ve started, you have a wonderful road of jewelry creativity ahead. I can imagine you going through your stash and finding wonderful combinations of components and colors! I love this seahorse bracelet, with the perfect seafoam bead color. Thank you for sharing this beautiful first piece. And thank you for your comment – I’m thrilled to hear that JMJ has been so inspiring for you.

• Daisy says:

Thank you Rena your comments are so much appreciated

Daisy

• Tamara Robertson says:

This bracelet is so pretty, Daisy. As one who lives by the water too, it immediately drew me. I love how the incorporation of little freshwater pearls adds a level of elegance, while still maintaining the casualness of beach jewellery, with a touch of whimsy! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Daisy says:

Thank you Tamara for your kind comments

• Colleen says:

What a pretty bracelet! I love the colors, they are so calming and remind of the ocean.
    Great job!!

• Rita says:

Welcome to our world of jewelry making Daisy. Your off to a great start with this first project, including the photo. Your going to have a great time with that 4 year stash. You can be lost for hours in this craft. My thing lately is repurposing. I have a lot of pieces Iโ€™ve made that I donโ€™t wear anymore and created a stash bag I use for new pieces. Have fun!

• Nita F. Chance says:

No need to apologize for what you call a simple design. Simplicity has many merits and your lovely bracelet proves this. The colors and materials are some of my favorites and they really do reflect the sea. Great job!

• Daisy says:

Thank you all so much for your kind comments. They have really given me confidence to continue (and brought a tear to my eye!).
    I will be rummaging through my stash and hope to share more of my journey with you in the future if that’s ok

• Daisy, I’ll look forward to seeing more of your jewelry creations! ๐Ÿ™‚