Creative Earring Card Ideas
by Rena Klingenberg.
For creative earring card ideas, look at standard earring cards – and then think of ways to give some of the features a unique twist. For example, you might try a unique shape or color.
Or turn an ordinary, everyday object into a unique earring hanger:
Also check paper-crafting, altered-art, and scrapbooking magazines, websites, and shops for materials and ideas you could adapt for your purposes.
A few things to keep in mind as you brainstorm your earring card ideas:
- Make sure that whatever you come up with will fit inside your intended jewelry packaging (pouches, jewelry gift boxes, etc.). I once designed jewelry tags that were just a tiny bit too big to fit inside my jewelry packaging – but didn’t discover that fact until I’d printed and cut apart about 100 of them! Duh.
- Design your cards to allow for putting your business name, website URL, and earring “ingredients” somewhere on them.
- Be sure your earrings show up against the cards – an intensely printed, textured or colored background may distract customers’ eyes away from the jewelry mounted on the card.
- As always, acid-free paper is best for all jewelry packaging to help prevent tarnish.
- If you’ll be hanging your earring cards on some sort of rack, spinner, or display, be sure to leave a space for sticking a self-adhesive hanger (available via Rings & Things and Rio Grande Jewelry Supply) on the back of your cards.