Broken Jewelry Collage Necklace Creations

by Kathryn Berkowitz.
(United States)

I enjoy creating one of a kind pieces for my clients and collectors.

Collage Necklace With Vintage Jewelry Elements

Collage Necklace With Vintage Jewelry Elements

My client wanted a unique and meaningful Christmas gift for her granddaughter and provided me with some elements she inherited from her own mother’s jewelry box, including a solitary earring, a broken brooch or bracelet, and other bits and bobs that had sentimental value but were otherwise unusable.

Create A Collage Necklace With Vintage Jewelry Elements

Create A Collage Necklace With Vintage Jewelry Elements

I arranged them on a filigree with E600 glue to create this lovely necklace.

I used bits of chain and bracelets for the neck piece. I was thrilled with the result and so was my client, I actually made three different collage necklaces for her.

Create A Collage Necklace From Broken Jewelry

Create A Collage Necklace From Broken Jewelry

This was a really challenging and fun project, and I look forward to trying this again sometime soon.

Kathryn Lane Berkowitz of Blue Ridge Diva Designs

Kathryn Lane Berkowitz of Blue Ridge Diva Designs

Kathryn Berkowitz
BlueRidge Diva Designs at Artfire
BlueRidge Diva Blog

• Cayenne says:

These are amazing! Especially love the middle one with the blue rose cameo.

• Michelle says:

Wow! This is breathtaking! I would love to try to accomplish a piece of art like yours. I have many pieces and parts that just sit in a drawer….Thank you for such a fantastic idea!

• Kathryn, what a lovely way to repurpose bits and pieces of old jewelry into a keepsake piece! I’m sure these will become new / old heirlooms for your client’s family. Thank you for sharing these fabulous pieces with us!

• Jo says:

Hello. This is such a great idea. I would love to try it. Can you tell me what you use for the background to attach these pieces to ? You do such beautiful work. I hope that if I do try this, I can come close to the project looking like yours. However, I am a little hesitant.. Thanks so much…

• Colleen says:

Thank you so much for sharing this!!! I just recently lost my Mom and have all her jewelry. My fondest memories are going through her baubles when I was little. Of course most of the items are costume jewelry. Some I am donating to the nursing home she was in so the ladies can get fancied up, the rest, I just couldn’t throw away. Now I know what to do!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you. This will make great gifts for my two sister in laws, Moms granddaughter, great grand daughter and my two daughter laws.

• Capturing a memory is a beautiful business to be in, thanks for posting.

• These are absolutely delightful pendants. I am inspired to try something like this. I have loads of old jewelry to use. Thanks for sharing this.

• Sarah R says:

Great idea! The finished pieces are beautiful!

• Julie White says:

LOVELY!! These make me think of Renaissance period jewelry. I especially like the first one with the two different chains and the colored pearls.
    All very creative and beautifully designed.

• Judith says:

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing this with us.

• Debra Lowe says:

Absolutely superb, shows great artistic ability and good balance…Love it.
    And what a great way to remember someone.
    Repurposing old jewelry is fun, it gives new life~

• Dianne says:

Amazing, nostalgic pieces you have created! Passing your info on to some friends that might just commission you to do some pieces!

• Colleen says:

Love this idea! NEVER throw old jewelry away, there’s always a great use for it.
    You do beautiful work.