Bracelet Fastener Gift Envelope
by Noreen Doll.
The quickest way to create a wrap is to use a regular size envelope to make a gift envelope for your bracelet fastening tool.
One fold and a few cuts are all it takes to make this envelope, and then you can embellish it.
The bracelet fastening tool this gift envelope is for, is 1 3/8 inch x 6 1/4 inch. If yours is larger, you may have to adjust the size of the envelope flap to ensure the fastener fits in the envelope.
What You Need
Envelope – Regular Size (about 3 1/2 inches x 6 1/2 inches)
What You Do
1. Cut the flap off the envelope on the fold line.
2. Score and fold the top of the envelope on the dashed line as shown.
3. Cut off the excess paper on the back of the envelope. Don’t cut off the front part.
4. Bevel the new flap edges on the sides.
5. Fold the flap to the back.
6. Decorate the envelope. I made a 1 1/4 inch wide strip that is removable so I can store the empty bracelet fastener gift envelope until I’m ready to use it.
Add a flower, button, or other decoration to the band, and slide it on the bracelet fastener gift envelope.
Just remove the decorative band, place the bracelet fastener inside, close the flap and replace the band on the envelope.
7. If you wish, attach a business card to the front or back. Or use a business seal to close the flap.
A business card fits perfectly on the inside of the flap on this green envelope.
I made some of the bracelet fastener gift envelopes with colored envelopes I had on hand. They were slightly larger, but still worked well.
You can buy packs of the colored envelopes if you don’t want white.
A large stack of the finished gift envelopes may be stored flat until you’re ready to use them.