Best Flush Cutter Brand?

by Angie Pinion Kelley‎.

Best Flush Cutter Brand?  - Discussion on Jewelry Making Journal

What are the best flush cutters that you recommend?

My cheap pair that came in the set have just about had it.

Looking for recommendations.

Thank you.

Angie Pinion Kelley‎

• Hi Angie, I like Xuron cutters.

• Joanne says:

I’ve used Lindstrom and Tronex, and have inadvertently ruined them and sent them back for sharpening. They just weren’t the same after that. These days I’m with Rena… I prefer Xuron.

• Dianne says:

Hi Angie, I really love my Swanstrom Super Flush cutters.

• Moogie says:

I bought several cheapies before investing in 1 very good pair & 1 moderate pair. The good one is Tronex & I am babying them! They have a very fine tip & cut cleanly. But the pair I use *all the time* are Maxi-Shear™ Flush Cutter by Xuron. They don’t look like they would get into tight spaces but they do unless you’re talking tiny! They are a workhorse, cutting up to 12 gauge wire. I love them & they are staying sharp.

• Rita says:

Hi Angie, agree with everyone so far. Xuron are the best tools for your money with the added bonus – made in the USA. I have several of these tools and love them all.

• Xuron for me as well. I have the Maxi and the regular size.

• Susan says:

I love Xuron, too. There is a brochure that you can download to see the different ones they make with a chart to help you choose which one is best for you.
    xuron.com/uploads/Xuron_Jewelry_Tools_Brochure_2016_.pdf.

• Judith says:

I use the Xuron LX Micro Shear Flush Cutter most of the tiime and the Power Max Full Flush Compound Cutters for heavier duty jobs and beading wire. The LX are supposed to be used on soft wire only, but I use them on thin hard and half hard wire as well because they are so good at getting into tight spaces. I decided it was worthwhile even if I need to replace them more often They are under $20. The Power Max are in the $30s at Rio Grande.

• Fran says:

I laid out a lot of money for my Swanstrom Super Flush Cutters. Those come out when a really flush cut is needed. My more “every day” snips are Xuron Maxi-Shear Flush Cutters. Both from Rio Grande.

• I’m also a Xuron fan.

• ANDREA WELLMAN says:

I have been looking too! Thanks. I just got my first pair of wubbers for 20.00 on jtv.com, after searching everywhere… who would have thunk it?

• Awesome, Andrea! 🙂

• Marilyn Hersey says:

I bought a C.H.P online to use for cutting wire for Chainmaille. It will cut up to 2.5mm Copper & I love them. They are larger than many but show no damage from cutting 14 g wire.They are TRR-58-G,made in Italy.

• Thanks for sharing that, Marilyn!

• Jeremy says:

Fujiya
    PP90-150
    PP90-125
    50AP-100
    Made is Japan/Australia I believe
    All amazing flush style cutters.

• Eric Parker says:

Xuron 170-II Micro-Shear Flush Cutter is the best flush cutter.

Very handy and best performer I think.